The FHA 203k Home Rehabilitation and Improvement program allows qualified borrowers to purchase or refinance homes in need of minor rehabilitation. The FHA 203k Home Improvement loan allows borrowers to keep the flexibility of a standard FHA insured mortgage while receiving up to an additional $35,000 towards home improvement costs.
Standard Benefits include:
- Loans comply with Standard FHA Guidelines (HUD 4155-2 Lender’s Guide to the Single Family Mortgage Insurance Process).
- Flexible Credit Qualifying – minimum credit score of 580 required.
- Down Payment of 3.5% or less.
- No Cash Reserves Required.
- High Debt Ratios approved.
- Non-Occupant Co-Borrowers approved.
- Pre-Qualification letters in 4 hours or less.
- No minimum loan balance.
- Professional work only. Cannot be completed by the borrower (Even if the borrower is a licensed contractor.)
- Streamline 203k Home Improvement Loan Available! (No Documentation or Appraisal.)
- Single/Multi Family Dwellings (1-4 Units).
- FHA Approved Townhouses.
- FHA Approved Condominiums.
Common Home Improvements Allowed:
- Roofing and Gutter Upgrades.
- Flooring, Tiling, Carpeting, and Painting.
- New Windows, Waterproofing, and Weather Stripping.
- Modernization and Functional Improvements.
- Improvements to Decks, Patios, and Porches.
- Septic or Well Systems.
- Purchase of Kitchen/Laundry appliances.
- HVAC, Plumbing, electrical improvements and upgrades.
- Energy Compliance upgrades.
- Elimination of any health and safety hazards.
- ADA compliance.